Trivia and Fun Activities
How much do you know about anything?
Sam Elliott Movies Trivia and Quiz
Sam Elliott (born August 9, 1944) is an American actor known known for his distinctive lanky physique, full mustache, and a deep recognizable voice. He is the recipient of several accolades, including a National Board of Review Award, and has been nominated for an Academy Award, two Golden Globe Awards, two Primetime Emmy Awards, and two Screen Actors Guild Awards.
Sam Elliott was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor in which 2018 musical drama?
• The Hero • A Star is Born • Ghost Rider • We Were Soldiers • Mile 22 • Leave No Trace
A Star is Born
Fun fact: A Star Is Born was produced and directed by Bradley Cooper (in his directorial debut)!
In one of his earlier film roles, Sam Elliott played a card player in the opening scene of this move…
• Jeramiah Johnson • My Name is Nobody • Rio Lobo • Rooster Cogburn • Support Your Local Gunfighter • Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Sam Elliott is a card player who watches the Sundance Kid demonstrate his shooting ability in the opening scene of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.
Which actress was not in a Sam Elliott movie or television series?
• Cher • Amy Irving • Melanie Griffith • Katherine Ross • Cheryl Ladd • Michelle Pfeiffer • Farrah Fawcett
What was the name of the popular mini-series that starred Sam Elliott and Tom Selleck?
• The Sacketts • A Tale of Two Cities • Wild Times • The Last Outlaw • Guts and Glory • The North and the South
Sam Elliott starred alongside Tom Selleck in The Sacketts
Sam Elliott had a starring role as Rick Carlson in what 1976 sleeper hit?
• Midnight Express • The Big Sleep • Heaven Can Wait • Norma Rae • Urban Cowboy • Lifeguard
Sam Elliott played the role of Rick Carlson in the movie “Lifeguard”.
Fun Fact: Elliott's parents were lifeguards and he had worked as a lifeguard himself.
In what 1985 biographical drama film did San Elliott act in alongside Cher?
• Coal Miner’s Daughter • Mermaids • Mask • Moonstruck • Silkwood
Sam Elliott played alongside Cher as the character of Gar in the movie “Mask”, a member of Rocky's motorcycle family, who acts as a father figure and occasional peacemaker between Rocky and Rusty, and whose character is based on Bernie Tullis.
Which of these actors was not in the 1993 film “Tombstone”?
• Kurt Russell • Val Kilmer • Michael Biehn • Jeff Bridges • Powers Boothe • Robert Burke • Dana Delany • Sam Elliott
Jeff Bridges did not appear in the film.
What was the name of the movie that Sam Elliott starred in that dramatizes the Battle of Ia Drang that took place in 1965?
• The Deer Hunter • Hamburger Hill • We Were Soldiers • Apocalypse Now • Born on the Fourth of July • Casualties of War
We Were Soldiers
What was the name of the 2017 film that starred Sam Elliott as aging Western actor in his 70s with a golden voice, whose his best performances are decades behind him?
• The Actor • The Last Face • Live By Night • The Hero • Washed Up • The Upside
Sam Elliott starred in “The Hero”
Fun Fact: Elliott’s work in the film received much critical acclaim with Joey Magidson, writing for AwardsCircuit, proclaiming that "Elliott is perfect here.
Which beverage brand has Sam Elliott provided voice-overs for in their commercials?
• Pepsi • Coke • Corona • Coors • Budweiser • Tecate • Heineken
Sam Elliott has done voice-over work for Coors beer
What was the name of the 1991 American Western made-for-television film based on the 1969 Louis L'Amour novel of the same name which starred both Elliott and his wife Katherine Ross?
• The Quick and the Dead • The Shadow Riders • Conagher • Crossfire Trail • The Man Called Noon • Hondo
Elliott and Ross starred in “Conagher”. Both Elliott and Ross also served as writers on the movie.