Trivia and Fun Activities
How much do you know about anything?
Vincent Price Movies Trivia and Quiz
Vincent Price Jr. (May 27, 1911 – October 25, 1993) was a gifted American actor, art historian, art collector, and gourmet cook. He appeared on stage, television, and radio, and in more than 100 films, and is a true Hollywood acting legend. Price has two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, one for motion pictures and one for television.
This Boris Karloff film represented Price's first venture into the horror genre…
• The Invisible Man Returns • Tower of London • House on Haunted Hill • Tales of Terror • The Raven
The “Tower of London” a 1939 film directed and produced by Rowland V. Lee
Which 1943 American biographical drama film based on the 1941 novel of the same name by Franz Werfel did Vincent Price play the role of prosecutor?
• Sorry, Wrong Number • The Window • The Song of Bernadette • For Whom the Bell Tolls • The Letter • The Great Lie
Vincent Price played the role of Vital Dutour, Imperial Prosecutor in the film “The Song of Bernadette”
Vincent Price's first starring role was as con man James Reavis in which 1950 film?
• The Baron of Arizona • The Long Night • Leave Her to Heaven • The Invisible Man Returns • The Bribe
The Baron of Arizona - directed by Samuel Fuller and starred Vincent Price and Ellen Drew
This 1953 film starring Vincent Price was the first color 3D feature film from a major American studio…
• Creature Front the Black Lagoon • Dracula • The Tingler • The Thing • The Blob • House of Wax
House of Wax
Fun Fact: Among the foregrounded uses of 3D in the film were scenes featuring fights, can-can girls, and a paddle ball-wielding barker. In what may be the film's cleverest and most startling 3D effect, the shadowy figure of one of the characters seems to spring up out of the theater audience and run into the screen.
What was the name of the character played by Vincent Price in the 1956 film “The 10 Commandments”?
• Moses • Joshua • Simon • Baka • Ramesses I • Ramesses II
Vincent Price played the role of Baka, taskmaster and overseer
Fun Fact: The Ten Commandments was the highest-grossing film of 1956, and the second most successful film of the decade.
Vincent Price starred as eccentric millionaire Fredrick Loren in which 1959 American Horror Film directed by William Castle?
• The Tingler • The Lighthouse • The House on Haunted Hill • Three Skeleton Key • The Fly • The Mad Magician
The House on Haunted Hill
Fun Fact: The film was remade as the 1999 film House on Haunted Hill, which had a 2007 sequel titled Return to House on Haunted Hill. The 1999 film was released to middling reviews but was a box office success, while the 2007 sequel was direct-to-video and widely panned.
What was the name of the 1963 Vincent Price horror film that starred Jack Nicholson in a supporting role?
• The Shining • The Birds • Strait Jacket • The Collector • Cape Fear • The Raven
The Raven starring Vincent Price, Peter Loore, and Boris Karloff
Fun Fact: The film was shot in only 15 days!
What was the name of the 1964 post-apocalyptic science fiction horror film based on the 1954 novel I Am Legend by Richard Matheson which starred Vincent Price and Franca Bettoia?
• Planet of the Apes • Marooned • The Illustrated Man • The Last Man on Earth • Journey to the Center of the Earth • The Time Machine
The Last Man on Earth
Which actor did not appear in the Vincent Price film, The House on Haunted Hill?
• Vincent Price • Carol Ohmart • Richard Long • Alan Marshal • Peter Lorre • Carolyn Craig • Julie Mitchum
Peter Lorre did not appear in “The House on Haunted Hill”
What was the name of the character played by Vincent Price in “House of Wax”?
• Henry Culper • Dr. Malcom Cooper • Professor Henry Jarrod • Professor Robert Morgan • Dr. Warren Chapin • François Delambre
Vincent price played the lead role of Professor Henry Jarrod, a mad and disfigured sculptor.
What was the name of the 1961 Vincent Price film loosely inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's 1842 short story of the same name?
• The Tell-tale Heart • The Pit and the Pendulum • The Fall of the House of Usher • The Oval Portrait • The Masque of Red Death • Silence
The Pit and the Pendulum
Which of these Vincent Price movies was not an adaptation of works by Edgar Allan Poe?
• House of Usher • The Pit and the Pendulum • The Haunted Palace • The Tingler • The Masque of the Red Death
The Tingler was not an adaptation of one of Edgar Allan Poe’s works.